List of winners of Australian Open 2018 :-
1. Men’s Single – Roger Federer ( Switzerland )
2. Women’s Single – Caroline Wozniacki ( Denmark )
- Men’s Doubles – Oliver Marach (Austria) & Mate Pavic ( Croatia )
- Women’s Doubles – Kristina Mladenovic ( France ) & Timea Babos ( Hungary)
- Mixed Doubles – Gabriela Dabrowski ( Canada ) & Mate Pavic ( Croatia )
* Australian Open 2018 was 106th
Facts About Australian Open :-
- It is held in January in Melbourne, Australia.
- It was held first in 1905.
- It is the 1st grand slam tournament of the year.
There are four most important tennis tournaments held annually :-
- Australian Open ( Mid January ) – Hard Courts
- French Open ( May & June )- Clay
- Wimbledon ( June & July)- Grass
- US Open ( August & September )- Hard Courts
These tournaments are played in 5 different categories :-
- Men’s Singles
- Women’s Singles
- Men’s Doubles
- Women’s Doubles
- Mixed Doubles
What is Grand Slam ?
If a player wins all four major championships in the same year he wins Grand Slam.