First of all congratulations! डॉक्यूमेंट वेरिफिकेशन प्रोसेस एक महत्वपूर्ण प्रक्रिया है ।You are on the last stage of your selection process which is Document Verification. Here I am going to guide you for SSC CHSL Document Verification Process, Documents Required and Experience. First of all you must fill the online form available on SSC Website and take print out of that. You should reach your venue for Document Verification before time.
It is very important to carry all the documents with you otherwise you will be rejected from final selection and your 1 year of hard work will be wasted. If you do not show even a single document to SSC staff they will cancel your candidature. They are very strict these days. It does not matter even if you have topped in SSC CHSL Tier 1 and Tier 2. So please make sure that you carry all documents with you.
List of Documents Required for SSC CHSL 2018:-
- Proof of Date of Birth ( 10th Certificate cum Marksheet ) NOTE: Date of Birth Certificate issued by Principal or Head Master will not be accepted.
- 10th Class Certificate cum Marksheet
- 12th Class Certificate cum Marksheet
- Caste Certificate- OBC/SC/ST ( Not required for General candidates )
- Valid ID Card (Voter ID Card, DL, Aadhaar Card, etc ) – In my opinion, you all will be having Aadhaar Card.
- NOC- if you are working.
- Discharge Certificate – Ex Servicemen.
- Self Attested photocopy of all the above documents.
- More than 5 photographs.
- You should carry any other certificates if you have with you. For example graduation certificate, etc.
Screenshot of Official notice of Documents Required for SSC CHSL :-
NOTE– On OBC certificate there must be mention of Government of India. State level OBC certificate is not allowed.
Important Updated regarding OBC Certificate issue by Supreme Court and SSC – Click here to read in PDF format
Watch Video- How to make Caste Certificate for SSC CHSL:-
Download Caste Certificate format :-
- SC / ST — CLICK
- OBC – CLICK
- Defence Personal – CLICK
- Ex servicemen – CLICK
- Central Govt Services Candidate- CLICK
- Physically Handicapped – CLICK
- Attestation Certificates- CLICK
OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF SSC-CLICK
SSC CHSL Document Verification Experience:-
I am going to share experience of one of the successful candidate who went for SSC CHSL Document Verification in his words.
- I was allotted a Batch Number ( I do not remember now ) and a Board Number 10. This was allotted on my admit card. I was also allotted a serial number.
- My Document Verification was on 12th July. I am from NR region. So my venue was SSC CGL complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi.
- I reached the venue 2:00 PM. My document verification was to start at 3:00 PM.
- I entered the premises at 2:30 PM. The guard and staff checked my Admit Card for DV and original ID card. I had Aadhaar Card with me. This is 100% same as the staff check our admit card on the gate when we go for Tier 1 exam.
- Then I searched for my serial number on the notice board and also verified from staff where I had to go then. I went to a hall.
- Again in that hall my Admit Card and ID card was checked. Then I went for Biometric Attendance.
- The SSC staff who was taking Biometric Attendance put a stamp on my Admit Card – “REGISTERED & VERIFIED”.
- Then I was asked to go to another hall to respective Board Number. I went to that hall and I saw 3 more boards were there.
- For each board there was 2 members. 1 members was checking certificates and 1 member was working on Computer.
- I was given a dossier in which I had to fill some information like- exam name, thumb impression, identification marks, signature, pasted 2 photographs,etc. Very easy nothing to worry.
- Then in the same dossier I attached the photocopies of my documents. I am from SC category so I attached my caste certificate also.
- After that that member verified all these documents.
- Then other member of the board who was working on Computer took dossier and entered some information like date -of issue of 10th certificate, 12th certificate, caste certificate and my department preference.
- Now he took my photo from webcam and then printed 2 forms which he had just entered.
- His work was over now. The first member again verified dossier with original certificate and printed form and signed on both. He gave 1 copy of that to me.
- He also returned all the original certificates and documents. And said the Document Verification Process is over now. And wished me ” BEST WISHES”
- I said THANK YOU to both the members and came out of the hall.
- I went to canteen and had chai + samosa and bought 1 kg sweets and then returned to Mukherjee Nagar by Metro where I was a guest in my friend’s( Rohit) room.
NOTE- You will enjoy the process.
Now I am going to give answer to some of the queries ( FAQ) regarding SSC CHSL Document Verification Process.
Question: How to download SSC CHSL notification in PDF format?
Answer : Here is the link. SSC CHSL notification in PDF format.
Question: If I forget to take my caste certificate with me for document verification will I be disqualified from final selection?
Answer : No. You will be be considered for final selection but under general ( UR- unreserved ) category.
Question: If I want to get reservation on the basis of OBC, what is the crucial date mentioned on certificate?
Answer : 18.12.2017 (i.e. closing date for receipt of application)
Here is the screenshot from the official notification of SSC.
Question: How many candidates applied for SSC CHSL?
Answer : 63,49,545
Question : If I submit all the documents required for SSC CHSL document verification process, will I get certainly 1 post?
Answer : No. You will get final selection based on your Tier 1 and Tier 2 marks. Successful Document Verification is no guarantee of final selection. Still you have more chance.
Question: How much time is taken during document verification process for SSC CHSL?
ANswer : Generally it takes 1 hour to 1 and half hour.
Question: What is the educational qualification date for SSC CHSL?
Answer : 01.08.2018 . You must show your 12th class ( Higher Secondary ) certificate.
Question: What will happen if I have appeared for my 12th ( Higher Secondary ) exam before 01.08.2018 but results not delacred before 01.08.2018 ?
Answer: You will not be eligible for SSC CHSL final selection. Your result must have been declared before 01.08.2018 to be eligible for SSC CHSL.
Question:Can I change my preference for State / UT in SSC CHSL during document verification ?
Answer: Direct answer is NO. SSC has very clearly mentioned that under no circumstances you can change state/ UT preference which you filled at the time of registration( during applying).
Question: There is spelling mistake of my name / my father name / etc in my 10th, 12th certificate. What should I do?
Answer: Make an affidavit for that and mention clearly what and where is the error. If SSC staff asks for that show them that error.
Question: Will they return or submit my original documents?
Answer: SSC staff will return your original documents after verifying those. They will only keep photocopies of those documents.
Question: I have mentioned that I am graduate during registration. Will SSC see graduation certificate also?
Answer : No. But if you have certificate please take graduation certificates also with you.
Question: Should I go in formal dress or casual dress?
Answer : Its not mentioned anywhere. In my opinion you should go for Document Verification in formal dress. If you are a boy then wear trousers and shirt and if you are a girl wear salwar-kameez.
Question : How much time before the scheduled time I should reach the Venue?
Answer : It is advisable to reach the venue 1 hour before the actual time.
Important note : You should never argue with SSC staff. You must behave gently. They are very friendly.
I think I have cleared all your doubts regarding SSC CHSL Document Verification Process and Documents Required. Even if you have queries you are most welcome to ask. I will try to guide you. Best wishes for your great career ahead.
You can check SSC MTS Document Verification Process by clicking here.